Easy creation of radiology teaching file cases from PACS
The RSNA Teaching File System provides a centralized data store for radiology teaching files. However, due to lack of direct integration with PACS, case authoring can be tedious and error-prone.
CaseMaker is a Windows program to facilitate the creation of radiology cases for both local storage as well as submission to an RSNA Teaching File System. Key features:
- Accepts drag-and-drop of .bmp, .jpg, .gif, .png, and .tif images from other Windows applications (with special support for Fujifilm Synapse PACS) or from Windows Explorer.
- Automatically populates patient data from DICOM headers when images are dragged from Fujifilm Synapse PACS.
- Allows drag-and-drop of images from CaseMaker to other applications or to Windows Explorer.
- Cases in Synapse PACS can be launched by double-clicking images in CaseMaker.
- Allows drag-and-drop rearrangement of the order of images in a case.
- Cases saved as .zip files, with metadata stored as readable XML according to the RSNA MIRCdocument Schema.
- One-click preview of XSL-transformed MIRC document in teaching file format.
- Small and portable single executable, runs from a USB key without installation.
This project was presented at the RSNA 2012 Annual Meeting:
Cheng PM. CaseMaker: An Open Source Desktop Mediator Between PACS and the RSNA Teaching File Service. 98th Scientific Assembly and Annual Meeting of the Radiological Society of North America (RSNA), Nov. 2012.
For source code, go to the GitHub repository.
(last modified March 20, 2022 - Changelog)Requires .NET Framework 2.0