Download bulk DICOM images, bitmaps, and cine clips from the Synapse PACS
DicomSaver is a Windows program allowing drag-and-drop downloading of DICOM images and cine clips from the Synapse PACS.
Note that at this time it is configured to work only with the Synapse installations at USC.
- Click on the AVI box and specify a frame rate to convert a series into a cine clip.
- Ultrasound images are automatically cropped to exclude patient identifiers if “U/S Autocrop” is checked. All the ultrasound machines currently being used at USC are supported.
- The BMP conversion options allow specification of center and width values for bitmap conversion (very useful for CT).
- Drag from the PACS window or series thumbnail images to the form to initiate download.
- DicomSaver prompts for a directory, and subsequently creates three subdirectories: a directory of raw DICOM files (e.g. 0001, named by series number), a directory for decompressed DICOM files (0001_decomp), and a directory for converted bitmaps (0001_bmp).
This project depends on executables from the DCMTK project for DICOM file processing.
Also needs the programs DCMDJPEG and DCMJ2PNM in same directory.(last modified January 23, 2021 - Changelog) Requires .NET Framework 2.0